By Maria C.W. Peeters, Jan de Jonge, Toon W. Taris
This is the 1st complete assessment of labor psychology, with assurance of vintage versions, present theories, and modern matters affecting the 21st-century worker.
- Examines the good points of work–motivation, functionality, creativity, and engagement—instead of focusing merely on hostile effects
- Edited by means of leaders within the box with chapters written by means of a world crew of specialists from the USA, united kingdom, Europe, and Australia
- Discusses themes corresponding to defense at paintings, know-how, operating instances, work-family interplay, operating in groups , restoration, task calls for and task assets, and affliction absence
- Suitable for complicated classes serious about paintings psychology as a sub self-discipline of labor and organizational psychology
- Didactic positive aspects contain questions for dialogue, packing containers with functional purposes, additional examining sections, and a glossary
Read or Download An Introduction to Contemporary Work Psychology PDF
Similar occupational & organizational books
Impact and emotion were famous as very important elements in figuring out habit in enterprises, as evidenced via the expanding frequency of certain magazine matters, themed meetings, and books and articles dedicated to the subject. The articles during this quantity symbolize a variety of the easiest papers awarded on the fourth foreign convention on feelings and Organizational existence (which used to be held in London, England, in June, 2004), including invited papers through a few of best students within the box.
This publication honors Jack W. Brehm's contributions to psychology, all of which revolve round a critical subject of motivation and social habit. It starts with own chapters after which offers a suite of state-of-the-art, major chapters authored by way of researchers whose paintings Brehm has strongly prompted.
The time period “design” this day encompasses attributes of artifacts that transcend their meant features, imbuing them with new meanings. these meanings are deeply on the topic of the sentiments perceived through the clients. This ebook investigates the findings deriving from the neurosciences which are appropriate to layout.
- Social psychology and organizations
- Spielregeln für Beruf und Karriere: Erfolgreich durchs Berufsleben
- Are Leaders Born or Are They Made?: The Case of Alexander the Great
- Improving the Quality of Life: A Holistic Scientific Strategy
Extra resources for An Introduction to Contemporary Work Psychology
2012) The individual experience of unemployment. Annual Review of Psychology, 63, 369–396. Warr, P. B. (1987). Work, unemployment, and mental health. Oxford: Oxford University Press. Weber, L. W. (2002). Georgius Agricola (1494– 1555): Scholar, physician, scientist, entrepreneur, diplomat. Toxicological Science, 69, 292–294. Williams, K. , & O’Reilly, C. A. (1998). Demo graphy and diversity in organizations: A review of 40 years of research. Research in Organizational Behavior, 20, 77–140. World Bank (2013).
Winefield, & A. H. ), Occupational stress in the service professions (pp. 43–74). London: Taylor & Francis. , Bakker, A. , & Schaufeli, W. B. (2001). The job demands– resources model of burnout. Journal of Applied Psychology, 86, 499–512. , ten Brummelhuis, L. , & Bakker, A. B. (2013). New ways of working: Impact on working conditions, work-family balance, and well-being. In C. ), ICT and Quality of Working Life. Amsterdam, New York: Springer. DeWall, C. , Pond, R. , Campbell, W. , & Twenge, J.
Work group diversity. Annual Review of Psychology, 58, 515–541. van Ouwerkerk, R. , Meijman, T. , & Mulder, G. (1994). Arbeidspsychologische taakanalyse [Workpsychological task analysis]. Utrecht: Lemma. Vegetius (390 AD). De re militari. org/ home/war/vegetius (accessed June 23, 2013). Wanberg, C. R. (2012) The individual experience of unemployment. Annual Review of Psychology, 63, 369–396. Warr, P. B. (1987). Work, unemployment, and mental health. Oxford: Oxford University Press. Weber, L. W.
An Introduction to Contemporary Work Psychology by Maria C.W. Peeters, Jan de Jonge, Toon W. Taris