By Alexander Polishchuk
The purpose of this booklet is to provide a latest therapy of the speculation of theta services within the context of algebraic geometry. the newness of its technique lies within the systematic use of the Fourier-Mukai remodel. the writer begins via discussing the classical conception of theta capabilities from the viewpoint of the illustration thought of the Heisenberg crew (in which the standard Fourier remodel performs the favorite role). He then exhibits that during the algebraic method of this concept, the Fourier–Mukai rework can usually be used to simplify the present proofs or to supply thoroughly new proofs of many very important theorems. Graduate scholars and researchers with robust curiosity in algebraic geometry will locate a lot of curiosity during this quantity.
Read Online or Download Abelian varieties and the Fourier transform PDF
Similar algebraic geometry books
Elliptic features and Riemann surfaces performed a massive position in nineteenth-century arithmetic. today there's a nice revival of curiosity in those themes not just for his or her personal sake but in addition due to their functions to such a lot of parts of mathematical learn from crew concept and quantity idea to topology and differential equations.
Algebraic topology is a easy a part of glossy arithmetic, and a few wisdom of this zone is necessary for any complicated paintings in terms of geometry, together with topology itself, differential geometry, algebraic geometry, and Lie teams. This ebook presents an in depth therapy of algebraic topology either for academics of the topic and for complex graduate scholars in arithmetic both focusing on this zone or carrying on with directly to different fields.
- Algebraic geometry III. Complex algebraic varieties. Algebraic curves and their Jacobians
- Fractured fractals and broken dreams: self-similar geometry through metric and measure
- Probability on Algebraic Structures: Ams Special Session on Probability on Algebraic Structures, March 12-13, 1999, Gainesville, Florida
- Algebroid Curves in Positive Characteristic
- Ramanujan's Lost Notebook: Part IV
- Positivity in algebraic geometry
Additional resources for Abelian varieties and the Fourier transform
2. We prove the last statement ﬁrst: suppose that the grade of It (M ) is at least 2 and a is a nonzerodivisor. It follows that the rank of M is t, so that I(M ) = It (M ), and the rank of ∆ is 1. Thus I(∆) = I1 (∆) = aI(M ) and the grade of I(∆) is at least 1. 3, 0 ✲ F ✲ G M ✲ I ✲ 0 36 3. Points in P 2 is the resolution of I = aI(M ), as required. 2. Using the inclusion of the ideal I in R, we see that there is a free resolution of R/I of the form 0 ✲ G ✲ F M ✲ R. 3 that the rank of M must be t, and the rank of G must be t+1.
Note that all the subcomplexes ∆ m are full. 2 (Bayer, Peeva, and Sturmfels). Let ∆ be a simplicial complex labeled by monomials m1 , . . , mt ∈ S, and let I = (m1 , . . , mt ) ⊂ S be the ideal in S generated by the vertex labels. The complex C (∆) = C (∆; S) is a free resolution of S/I if and only if the reduced simplicial homology Hi (∆m ; K) vanishes for every monomial m and every i ≥ 0. Moreover , C (∆) is a minimal complex if and only if mA = mA for every proper subface A of a face A. By the remarks above, we can determine whether C (∆) is a resolution just by checking the vanishing condition for monomials that are least common multiples of sets of vertex labels.
The linear form xr − ηr (0)x0 vanishes on η(m) if and only if ηr (pr ) = ηr (0), that is, pr = 0. This means that m is not divisible by xr . Thus g vanishes on η(m) for all monomials m of degree ≤ d that are not divisible by xr . It follows by induction on r that g = 0. Since g = 0, the form q vanishes on η(xr n) for all monomials n of degree ≤ d − 1. If we deﬁne new embeddings ηi by the formula ηi = ηi for i < r but ηr (p) = ηr (p + 1), and let η be the corresponding embedding of the set of monomials, then q vanishes on η (n) for all monomials n of degree at most d−1.
Abelian varieties and the Fourier transform by Alexander Polishchuk